Category-based reporting uses the automatically identified categories of each content published in order to provide a high-level statistical collection of your website visitors readership habits and your editorial team’s publishing ones.
- Understanding published topics stats of your editorial team within any selected timeframe
- Understanding the readership volume per category of topics on your website
Magnet default categories are: Politics, Sports, Law Enforcement, Business, Entertainment, Health, Technology, Science, and General.
Note: Magnet has several sub-level categories that are not exposed. Check with your Success Officer in case you require such level of details.
Each content piece can be automatically categorized into one or more categories depending on main topics discussed. The automatic categorization process is based on Klangoo’s patented NLP technology and, thus, does not require or rely on any keywords, but rather on semantic processing of content.
Figure 1: Smart Analytics, Category Interface
As illustrated in Figure 1, the “Category” interface allows publishers to retrieve reports based on the following filters:
- Period: a date period for which the data will be retrieved.
- Published vs. Consumed vs. Avg. Page Views:
- Published refers to all published content. Selecting this checkbox will retrieve the publishing statistics for the selected period based on the Publishing category(ies) of each content piece.
- Consumed refers to every pageview recorded. Selecting this checkbox will retrieve the pageview statistics for the selected period based on the publishing category(ies) of each content piece.
- Page Views refers to the average pageviews each content piece generated per category.
- Category: this dropdown list allows you to choose between:
Figure 2: Filtering reports per category
- Referral Channel: this filter allows you to choose one or more referral channels (sources) from which the visitors arrived to your website. For example: filter the report to show data from views that reached the website from Facebook Mobile or Google.com.
- Device: this filter allows you to choose one or more device types (Desktop, Mobile, Tablet, other) from which the visitors accessed your website. For example: filter the report to show data from views that reached the website from Desktop Views only.
While the unit of the report can be in:
- Percentage (%): percentage of total content published (when Published is selected) or percentage of total pageviews viewed (when Consumed is selected).
- Numbers: actual number of content published (when Published is selected) or pageviews viewed (when Consumed is selected).
As for the sorting of the resulting charts, the interface allows sorting by: Published, Consumed, or none depending on the other selected criteria.
Figure 3: Sample Category Report showing a comparison per category of Published vs. Consumed in % for the selected period
Interested in learning more about Magnet’s Smart Analytics tool or have a question?
Please contact our team at [smart at klangoo.com].