Follow Story and Follow Entity use widgets to gather user follow requests. Following an entity or a developing story will trigger a notification to be sent by email with articles that relate to the entity or story followed.
Integrating the Magnet Follow Solution on any publisher website is a very simple process as described below:
1) Schema.org compliance:
Skip this step if you have any widget working on your website or you completed this step previously. Otherwise, follow this link to complete this step.
2) Designing the Follow Widget
Follow widget design can be created using our user-friendly Online Widget Designer. This designer allows changing the layout, the CSS styles, and the logic settings of each widget.
The Success team should provide you access to its interface and guide your team to design follow widget. If you already have access to the Magnet for Publishers dashboard, select Follow Story widget or Follow Entity widget to start designing your own.
Check the screenshot below of our widget designer.
3) Choosing or providing an HTML template
You can provide us with an HTML template to be sent to subscribers by email or you can choose one of the templates we have, you can ask us to send you some of those tested templates.
4) Mail Settings
The following settings are required in order to configure mail settings.
Step 1: SMTP Settings
1) Choose the service provider you are using or prefer to use:
2) If you chose any SMTP option except Magnet, please provide the below information:
A. the SMTP server
B. setting for the SMTP SSL/TLS: [true/false]
C. SMTP port
3) If you chose any API option, please provide the below information:
A. API (username or email) [if available]
B. API secret key
4) The email you want the alerts to arrive from: (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
5) Choose if you want us to track:
A. The opening of the emails: [yes/no]
B. Any clicks on any of the links in the emailed alerts: [yes/no]
Step 2: Email Alert Template Settings:
1. Split emails or merge all alerts into one? [yes/no]
2. Subject line text: [suggested: “Followed Stories Alert”]
3. Company link: [http://www.companyname.com]
4. Company logo: [companyname.com/company-logo.png]
5. Order alerts by: [relevance or date]
6. Send alerts when they are [Very Related only? or if they are Related too? or if even they are Somewhat Related?]
7. Date format for display:
A. September8, 2016
B. Sep. 8, 2016
8. Frequency of emails:
9. Maximum number of articles to include in each email: [we suggest 10]
10. Allow users to override sending frequency? [Yes/no]
11. Allow users to override relevance? [Yes/no]