The steps required to start sending a Personalized Newsletter from your website are:
1) Schema.org compliance
Make sure your website is Schema.org compliant in order to enable Magnet to find out that you published a new article and to read it properly. Check this detailed description of how to complete this step. If you already completed this step while integrating another widget, you do not need to revisit this section.
2) Designing the Newsletter Widget
The Newsletter widget is basically an email collection widget. Its design can be created using our user-friendly Online Widget Designer. This designer allows changing the layout, the CSS styles, and the logic settings of each widget.
The Success team will provide you access to its interface and guide your team to design newsletter widget.
3) Choosing or providing an HTML template
You can provide us with an HTML template for the newsletter's look-and-feel or you can choose one of the templates we have. Your Success Manager can send you some of those ready templates.
4) Mail Settings
The following settings are required in order to configure the email sending settings.
Step 1: SMTP Settings
1) Choose the service provider you are using or prefer to use:
2) If you chose any SMTP option except Magnet, please provide the below information:
A. the SMTP server
B. setting for the SMTP SSL/TLS: [true/false]
C. SMTP port
3) If you chose any API option, please provide the below information:
A. API (username or email) [if available]
B. API secret key
4) The email you want the alerts to arrive from: (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
5) Choose if you want us to track:
A. The opening of the emails: [yes/no]
B. Any clicks on any of the links in the emailed alerts: [yes/no]
Step 2: Email Alert Template Settings:
1. Subject line text:
2. Company link: [http://www.companyname.com]
3. Company logo: [companyname.com/company-logo.png]
4. Date format for display:
A. September8, 2016
B. Sep. 8, 2016
5. Frequency of emails:
6. Maximum number of articles to include in each email: [we suggest 10]